Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fried Tacos

This recipe has been in my family for years! And, after searching all over the web for a duplicate, I think it may actually be a family secret (unlike the fudge recipe I thought was my grandma's original recipe until I saw it on the back of the Marshmallow Puff jar named as Fantasy Fudge). This recipe makes for about 4 servings or 2 tacos per person. I usually serve it up with some refried beans and taco fixins.

Ingredients:

1lb. ground beef (the most lean is best, I use 93/7)
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 tsp. vegetable oil and oil for frying
10 slices Velveeta cheese (for sandwiches)
8 soft taco size tortillas


Let's get started:

1.) Brown your hamburger meat. In a separate saute pan, add the tsp. of oil and the diced bell pepper. Cook until tender. Then combine browned hamburger meat and green pepper in the same pan. Don't forget to season your meat. I just use salt and pepper for this recipe.

2.) Add the Velveeta cheese slices to the hot meat mixture. Stir until combined without noticeable cheese chunks.

3.) Start slathering the tortillas with the meat and cheese mixture. Leave about 2 inches of area around the edges without meat as the tortillas will puff.


4.) Fry the tacos for about 45 seconds on each side or until the taco is a medium to golden brown color.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY for comment love!